If you’re buying a property that’s larger than average, old, significantly altered or constructed from non-conventional materials or techniques or if you’re planning to carry out major works, a Level 3 Building Survey is essential. A Building Survey is the most comprehensive report in the residential survey suite and provides you with an in-depth analysis of the property’s construction, materials and condition. It also includes a detailed diagnosis and analysis of defects together with clear advice on repair and maintenance options. Read more about what a Building Survey entails, then get in touch with Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors to arrange an in-depth survey on your property.

A professional Building Survey to tell you all you need to know about your property

RICS Level 3 – Building Survey (also commonly referred to as a Structural Survey) will give you the most detail of all residential property surveys.

What is included in a building survey?

A Building Survey will provide a description of all visible defects and any potential problems that are caused by hidden flaws. It will also provide an outline of repair options along with details of serious risks and potentially dangerous conditions such as subsidence, structural movement, woodworm, japanese knotweed or dampness. A Building Survey will also highlight what might happen if you don’t follow the recommended actions.

A Building Survey uses photographs to make it easy to understand the report’s findings.  It doesn’t include a market valuation of your property as standard, but we can carry out a valuation as an additional service.

What type of property is RICS building survey for?

A level three survey is a good option for larger or older properties, especially if you are planning major works.

You should always appoint an expert when it comes to commissioning a Building Survey – talk to Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors to get the peace of mind you need for your next property purchase.

  • A detailed report in jargon-free English with photographs
  • Reveals the major and minor defects and recommendations for further investigation, repair and future maintenance
  • Recommended for properties over 100 years old, listed buildings, unusually built homes or buildings you intend to renovate






Do I have to have a Home Condition Report?

It is not a legal requirement to have a survey, but we would always advise a prospective purchaser to instruct a professional chartered surveyor to carry out at least an RICS Level 1 Survey to give you peace of mind that your property is in a good condition before you buy. You can read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Home Condition Reports here.

What’s the difference between a Home Condition Report and a HomeBuyer Report?

A HomeBuyer report will cost a little more than a Home Condition Report, but will also include more comprehensive information on the building and location, legal considerations as well as issues that might affect its value. A HomeBuyer Report (Survey and Valuation) will also give you a market valuation and insurance rebuild cost assessment. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ HomeBuyer Reports here.

What will a Building Survey tell me about my Grade II listed property?

If you’re the owner of a listed property or a planning to purchase a listed building, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors uses experience in building pathology, construction techniques and materials, architectural history and conservation to give you a full picture of your property. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Building Surveys here.

What’s the difference between a Limited Defects Report and a home survey?

A Limited Defects Report refers to specific concerns that a homeowner or prospective purchaser may have about the building. For example, if you’re worried about excessive cracks in walls or an uneven roof, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors can give you a focused diagnosis on how serious or costly the defect may be to resolve. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ Limited Defect Reports here.

I’m about to buy a new-build property, but there are so many problems – how I do deal with them?

If you’re buying a new-build home, there are often snags, or defects, that will need to be put right by the developer. A New-Build Snagging Inspection will give you a detailed report that you can give your developer to get all snags fixed before you move in if you commission the inspection early. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ New-Build Snagging Inspections here.

Can you value my Shared Ownership property so I can purchase more shares?

If you’ve bought a property using a Shared Ownership scheme, Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors can provide you with a valuation so you’ll know how much your property is worth and how much it will cost to purchase extra shares through staircasing. Read more about Trinity Rose Chartered Surveyors’ valuation services here.

Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 880426

Top Floor, Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 888900

Trinity House, 123 Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire SO53 2DR

t: 01962 880426